Out Of Pocket Investment
Initial Intake Appointment (75 minutes): $180
Standard 50-minute Individual session: $150
I am also able to extend sessions at a rate of $50 per 30 minutes
- I accept all major debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express).
- Payment is due at the end of each session. You will have the option to sign up for automatic payments.
- Credit card information is securely stored.
I HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF SLIDING SCALE SPOTS IN MY WEEKLY SCHEDULE.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS THE OPTION OF A REDUCED FEE.
All Intake Appointments Include:
- A thorough review of your intake paperwork and report of findings from your intake assessment and questionnaire.
- Individualized treatment plan (no one-size-fits-all approach here) that includes measurable and objective goals, as well as an estimated timeline for how long therapy may last based on your presenting concerns.
- Customary care coordination with any other professionals involved in your care. If you’re under the care of a physician, psychiatrist, or any other provider, I will reach out to those professionals with your permission so that you can get the best, holistic care possible.
I do not participate with any insurance panels and am considered an out-of-network provider.
With insurance companies dictating clinical decisions such as length of treatment, frequency/length of sessions, and mandated mental health diagnosis for reimbursement, I have decided to part ways from all insurance companies and instead focus on providing the best care to all of my clients without being controlled by insurance companies.
Bypassing insurance allows the utmost flexibility and privacy for my clients.
Whereas insurance will only cover face-to-face sessions, I am now able to provide online therapy as well as phone sessions for those needing extra support in between sessions.
Without having to provide a mental health diagnosis, I’m also able to keep your records completely secure and confidential. There will be no diagnosis on your permanent health record, and no one will ever know you’re in therapy unless you tell them.
**Please note that not all insurance companies provide coverage for online therapy so you will need to check with your insurance carrier if you are wanting to use your benefits to cover a portion of online therapy sessions.**
As a courtesy to any individual clients who wish to utilize their insurance benefits, I am happy to provide you with a superbill that you may submit to your insurance company if they offer out of network benefits. Please contact your insurance provider to verify if they will compensate you for out of pocket psychotherapy services.
*Please note that your insurance benefits are an agreement between you and your provider. I cannot guarantee coverage nor reimbursement. Here are some questions to ask your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance offer mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible, and if so what is it? Have I met it yet?
- Am I limited as to how many sessions I can have each year? If so, what is the limit?
- What percentage of my (out of network) therapist’s fees will be reimbursed?
- Do I need pre-authorization from my primary care physician in order for sessions to be covered?
- Does my insurance cover online therapy sessions (often called “teletherapy”)?
So What Are My Options?
If the cost of counseling seems to be out of reach, consider the following:
- Use pre-tax dollars. Did you know that you can use your Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account to pay for therapy using pre-tax dollars? Please note that HSA accounts make it harder to get couples therapy covered, so check on that before you get started.
- Check if you or your spouse’s employer has an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP is an employee benefit that allows anywhere from 1-8 sessions (including couples counseling) and the employer foots the bill for the sessions. If you choose to continue therapy after your approved sessions, only then will you be responsible for payment.
- Speak with your tax preparer to see if you could deduct therapy expenses from your taxes as an out-of-pocket health expense.
- Understand that therapy is an investment in yourself and your health. Compare the financial cost of short-term therapy to the possible long-term emotional costs of NOT seeking help: The benefits far outweigh the risks.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged for the full cost of the session.
Hours and Location
Hours are by appointment only. I have early morning and limited evening hours available in an effort to accommodate all schedules.
While I am physically located in Jersey City, NJ, all sessions take place via Simple Practice online platform. I am licensed to provided counseling to all New Jersey residents.