Investment – Rates & Insurance
Initial Intake Appointment (75 minutes): $180
Standard 50-minute Individual session: $150
- I accept all major credit and debit cards – Visa, Mastercard, American Express.
- Credit card information can be securely stored and automatically charged at the end of each session.
What to expect during your intake appointment:
- Your first appointment is all about us getting to know each other. I will ask a lot of questions and take a lot of notes. I am taking down your history and working with you on developing a treatment plan that will best meet your needs. Peppering you with questions and burying my head in my notebook isn’t the first impression that I would like to give you. However, it is essential that I collect all of the information I need to ensure that I am giving you 100% individualized treatment. This is the one, and only time you will ever see me write anything down during our sessions.
- We will talk mostly about what YOU think you need. You’re the expert on you. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn’t worth your time. I am here to primarily to listen and try to understand while providing you with guidance and strategies to meet the goals that you’re trying to achieve – NOT the ones that I (or anyone else) think you should be working toward.
- I’ll be collecting you’re entire history and may ask questions that can be triggering or upsetting. If this happens, please let me know, and we can deal with things as they come up. You are welcome to take whatever time you need, implement any strategies you need to, or we can briefly process and try to move through it together. I will not force you to talk about anything that you don’t want to during the intake appointment.
- You may experience other feelings of discomfort to uncertainty, and that takes priority over any questions I have. Feel free to let me know how you’re feeling at any time, and I can put my agenda aside to focus on your needs during this time.
At this time, I do not participate with any insurance panels and am considered an out-of-network provider.
Navigating mental health treatment within the parameters of insurance companies is incredibly challenging as a mental health provider. Insurance companies dictate so much regarding the course of treatment including the length of session, the amount of sessions a person may have, and mandate a diagnoses for treatment. As a result, I have chosen not to partner with insurance companies to avoid third party involvement in your treatment. I am not required to provide a mental health diagnosis and can keep your mental health records completely secure. This also gives me room to provide online and telephone-based sessions.
If you choose to use your out-of-network benefits, I am happy to provide you with a superbill that you may submit to your insurance company. Please note that insurance companies require a mental health diagnosis for reimbursement. I will discuss any diagnosis with you in complete detail prior to providing you with a superbill. If you have any questions about your mental health coverage, you should contact your insurance company and inquire about your out-of-network coverage.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged for the full cost of the session.
Hours and Location
Hours are by appointment only. I have early morning and limited evening hours available to accommodate all schedules. Online sessions place via Simple Practice online platform. In-office sessions take place at 50 Harrison St, Hoboken, NJ. I am licensed to provide counseling to all New Jersey residents.